Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Family time

    It's been a great week so far. Monday was Peyton's shelf exam for internal medicine which she has been in now for about three months. I'm really happy for her to have it behind her- a big accomplishment for the year! Monday evening we had our parents and Peyton's brother Daniel over for her dad's birthday. Peyton made an awesome Tiger cake for her dad- go Princeton Tigers!



    After work on Tuesday, I picked up my niece, Laura, for some squirrel hunting. I have taken my nephew, Micah hunting a few times now, and she has been wanting to go, so we went.. We had a great time walking through the woods together- she even taught me a few games while we were sitting, waiting for a squirrel. We  saw three deer and two squirrels, one of which we got. She asked me to make her some jerky with it, so hopefully it'll turn out as good as the last batch. I am so lucky to have my family so close here in Richmond. I have really enjoyed getting to spend some time with my awesome niece and nephew the last couple of years. It has been cool getting to explore the outdoors with them and teach them some of the things I have learned about hunting, camping, fishing, and other fun activities that my uncle taught me when I was growing up.



 Hope you all are enjoying your week where ever you may be. Probably going to be a couple days till the next post- hitting the books hard the next couple of days.

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment