Tuesday, January 17, 2012

McAfee's Knob and Dragon Tooth

It's been too long, I know. I haven't written anything for a while. I would say I've been too busy, but one of my pet peeves is when people use that excuse for anything..so I guess I won't use that one this time. All I can say is that I hope to do a better job updating the next couple of weeks than I have done lately.
I went hiking on the Appalachian Trail yesterday down near Roanoke, Virginia. I did two loop hikes that have been on my list for a while. The first was McAfee's knob, the most photographed spot on the AT, and a sister loop just a few miles south- Dragon's tooth. Great weather, beautiful skies, and both beautiful views to be had.
Any time in the mountains is a good time. There is so much mystery and wonder in Appalachia that keeps many, including myself, coming back as often a time as we can.
Hope you all had a nice weekend whatever you got into. I hope you found adventure for those who sought it, simplicity for those that desire it, worship for us who are blessed by it, and love in the many ways we are surrounded by it.
Enjoy the pictures.













No comments:

Post a Comment