Friday, January 21, 2011

Last Saturday, Nate and I took off from Richmond headed for St. Mary's. We had both hiked the wilderness several times, never completing the "loop" on many topo maps we've looked at. We arrived to find most all of the creek running thru St. Mary's completely frozen. WE had a full day of hiking up past the falls, as well as boulder hopping through the creek bed. I brought my flue in the bag my mom handmade me for Christmas. The bag definitely was handy for hiking. We stopped various places along the trail to play the flute and offer up some melodies. We have so much to be grateful for. I am reminded every time I am in nature of all that I take for granted so often. Virginia has some amazing views to behold and I feel lucky every time I am able to get out to enjoy the beauty. Below are some pictures from the hike:










 A couple nights ago, a couple of the guys came over to play some music. Ended up with a bigger group than expected. Having a couple extra guitars is never a bad thing. By the end of the night, we had a menagerie of instruments to include guitars, a mandolin, a banjo, acoustic bass, accordian, bongos, and even a turkey call which made it's first bluegrass debut. Thankful for music, creativity, instruments, and friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment