Monday, December 20, 2010

Back to routine

    Feels like it's been a while since I've had a routine. Well, only a few days, but the snow fall was a welcomed interruption to the day to day. Last Friday brought a day off of work which offered me some time to spend catching up with my mom. In the morning I put together a bean stew in the crock pot and let its smell permeate the apartment until my mom came by around noon. We chatted by the fireplace and enjoyed a warm bowl of stew as we chatted about the upcoming holidays. We then took a walk over to Black Swan book store where we escaped the cold and enjoyed shelf after shelf of historic books written authors from all over.
 Friday afternoon I hit the woods once again with Peter and Dawson where we saw a turkey and four deer, all out of range of a shot, but certainly within range to admire their beauty.
The rest of the weekend was spent with friends and family as Lily and Cassidy's wedding brought great fun on Saturday night. Below is a short video of a group of us playing "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

Here is a picture of Peyton and I at Lily and Cassidy's wedding:

Sunday, we went to St. Mary's church on River Road where we heard Christmas carols sung by an impressive choir, of which Peyton's dad is a part of. Sunday afternoon we spent in Colonial Williamsburg with my family seeing the historic homes and buildings decorated for the holidays. We hit Cracker Barrell for dinner on the way home which is always a treat.
A peaceful ending of the day was brought by some flute playing, along with a lovin spoonful by the fire while I read a book on the epic failed attempt by the Union forces to take over Richmond during the Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment