Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Humbled

Just started what seems to be a great book this morning by Scott Bessenecker. It's titled, "How to Inherit the Earth". So far, it has challenged me to consider how continually seek to serve others with meekness. So far, the book considers how meekness is not weakness. Bessenecker paints a view of what peacful, simple, servant leadership can look like as we strive to serve those in community with us.

"Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them."



No comments:

Post a Comment