Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tie Dyed



Saturday morning, I had the chance to run the half marathon. I had been training for a few months and was pretty excited for another chance to run the streets of Richmond with over 3,000 other masochistic people. What an experience. The race didn't go as well as I had hoped, getting a bad stomach cramp around mile 6. I had to stop three or four times, but was able to eventually bear the pain enough to finish the race.
Sunday had some highs and lows. One of my brother rats from VMI who was wounded in Afghanistan in July was at church on Sunday morning.I was reminded of the sacrifice so many soldiers make for their country every day.
Some of you might know that I took up soap making about a year and a half ago. I'm still working out the kinks, and figuring it out- i'll probably never figure it out completely. My soap mentor told me it took him ten years, so I guess that doesn't make me feel as bad when I get a chalky batch every once and a while.
Sunday night I decided to throw a pot of coffee on and get to some tea making. I made three herbal teas. I made a lemon calm tea, a lavender chamomile tea, and a black orange spice tea. Nothin like a lovin spoonful backed up by some bluegrass pickin on a Sunday evening. If there is ever a tea that you would like me to try to make, just let me know and I'll see what I can craft together.
Last night, I got a chance to play my flute for a little while. Was quite relaxing really- lit some sage and incense and offered up some songs to whoever was listening.
Looking forward to the weekend ahead. Heading down to the Smokies Thursday night for a weekend of hiking. Should be great weather. Definitely excited to spend some time in the mountains with some good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment