Monday, November 29, 2010

Give Thanks

What a Thanksgiving weekend. Thursday morning, I changed up the typical ritual of running in a Thanksgiving 5k and went searching for a real turkey with some friends. Dawson and his brother Caleb joined me as we walked the woods of Tuckahoe early Thursday morning. As ill prepared as I could be, I finally jumped a turkey around 8:00 but to my dismay, had buckshot in my shotgun and didn't have time to switch out to the proper turkey shot. At least I still saw my Thanksgiving turkey. The rest of the day was filled with family and food. On Friday, we had a Thanksgiving with my family and were joined by DeShawn and Larry, two friends from Barton Heights. We went bowling with the family Friday evening. Saturday morning, Dawson and I hit the woods again in hopes of finding a deer, but once again got skunked. My nephew Micah joined me later in the morning for some squirrel hunting. Although we saw a few, they were all too far off for a shot.
The rest of the weekend brought some studying, kayaking, hanging out with friends and family. Below is a future big buck hunter.


No comments:

Post a Comment